The history of our grandparents is remembered in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future. ~Charles and Ann Morse
Established in 1978, the main purpose of Grandparents Day is to bring the family together, share stories and history, and let the generations learn from each other. The holiday is the brainchild of Marian McQuade, a grandmother from West Virginia who was concerned that the traditions and legacies of our individual families was being lost in the modern world. Grandparents Day is also a wonderful opportunity to honor the people who love us. So whether you call them Gigi and Pop Pop, or Nana and Opa – September 10 is the day to tell them just how amazing they are.You may want to ask them to tell you a few stories as well.
The experts at Stadium Flowers have created a beautiful online collection, perfect bouquets and arrangements to celebrate this special day
Grandmas and Grandpas are pretty special. Here are just a few fast facts so that you are ready to celebrate the day.
* Perhaps in a return to tradition, 37% of households now include a grandparent.
* 90% of grandparents admit to speaking about their grandkids every single day.
* 75% consider being a grandparent the most important fulfilling thing they have ever done.
* 7% of children are raised by one or both of their grandparents.
* Families which include older generations tend to raise more confident, self-assured children.
* The grandkids really are spoiled, with $52 billion dollars spent annually on gifts.
* The average age of a first-time grandparent is 48 years old. No matter what you call them, and whether they live near or far – there is no one as special as a grandparent. This year, send beautiful designs from Stadium Flowers to let them know just how much they mean to you.