Random Acts of Kindness Day is celebrated across the world on February 17th, and has a surprising reach considering that it has been in existence for less than two decades. Stories conflict as to the origination of the observance – some claim it began in Denver, and others New Zealand -but no matter its start, the concept of spreading happiness through small gestures obviously resonates with people. In fact, random acts of kindness have become a cultural phenomenon, and many people don’t wait for a special day to practice them. At Stadium Flowers, we are lucky to see acts of kindness and compassion every day – and look forward to helping you unleash generosity on Everett this month.
“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” Lucius Seneca
Do you need some inspiration as to how to make people smile on Random Acts of Kindness Day? Whether you plan for a surprise or spontaneously act throughout your day, here are some great ideas to get your imagination going!
* Give a bouquet of flowers to someone you see all the time who makes you smile, but who would never expect the gesture – like the grocery clerk or bank teller!
* Cook a meal for an elderly neighbor, and sit and share it with them.
* Write encouraging messages on post-it notes, and leave them at coworker’s desks.
* Find a way to make eye contact, smile, and compliment at least 5 strangers – you may start a new habit!
* Get a bouquet of loose flowers and hand them out one by one to random people as you walk through your day.
* Deliver fresh baked cookies to the teacher’s lounge at your child’s school or a few pizzas to the fire station.
No matter how you approach Random Acts of Kindness Day, don’t miss this opportunity to spread positivity around our community – and don’t forget the flowers! The world could use a little more beauty and kindness, and Stadium Flowers is here to help.