Essential Tips for Choosing the Right Flowers to Give to Someone Special at the Airport by the floral experts at Stadium Flowers, Everett’s premier florist.
If a loved one has been away for too long and you’ll finally be reunited at the airport, make the reunion even more meaningful and memorable by presenting them with flowers at first sight. Not only with fresh, beautiful blooms boost their spirits and re-energize them after a long flight, but they will also express just how much you care about them and have missed them. For important details on how to make your reunion perfect with flowers, from color choice to keeping them fresh, keep reading.
Greeting Loved Ones with the Language of Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Presenting flowers to your friends is a way to honor your friendship with happiness, cheer, and joy. Therefore, choosing a floral bouquet with blooms that signify these things and more, are perfect for a proper airport greeting. Look at a few fresh favorites and their symbols.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
When you reunite with your significant other at the airport, a wave of relief comes over you as the longing for your love is lifted. When words are not enough to say, “I missed you” or “I love you,” turn to these truly romantic blooms to help do the talking.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Whether you are welcoming out-of-town family members or bringing them back home, there are many flowers that are sure to warm their hearts. A charming hello that expresses how much you have missed them, love them, or are grateful for their visit can be said with these ideal flowers.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
If you cannot decide what type of flowers and blooms are best to greet your guests with after a long flight, find something uplifting that symbolizes your joy and happiness for their company or a simple “welcome.” As you continue your search, take into consideration some of these popular classics.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
In addition to a specific flower’s meaning, the colorful hues of these eye-catching and inspiring blooms also tell a story. If you know which flower your guest loves most or want something simple, try expressing yourself through the colors of flower petals. Keep in mind these stunning and timeless pigments.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Feel inspired while you browse our collection of welcoming floral bouquets to give your favorite travelers a warm greeting as they arrive in town.