November’s here, which means it’s time to bond with your loved ones and think about all the things for which you’re grateful in life. If you’ve been invited to celebrate Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving at someone else’s home this year, then don’t forget to show your gratitude with a thoughtful gift. At Stadium Flowers, serving Everett, Lynnwood, and the surrounding areas, our florists compiled a creative list of clever, thoughtful, and fun gifts that are sure to please any host or hostess!
Why It’s Important to Bring a Host Gift
A gift is the politest way to thank your host or hostess for their hospitality. You should always bring a hostess gift when you’re invited to someone’s home for a special event, like Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving. Bring one even if you’re attending a potluck style meal because it still takes an awful lot of work to organize a dinner and prepare one’s home for guests.
Creative Gifts Any Host Will Love
GOT Board Game
Gorgeous and Trendy Fall Flowers – Bohemian Garden
Friendsgiving is like Thanksgiving, but it’s strictly for friends. The dinner’s usually scheduled for the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving Day to make sure everyone’s available. It’s less formal, so fun’s always on the menu. Use this to inspire the hostess gift you pick for your friend.
- A game to play after dinner
- A relaxed, yet attractive centerpiece, like our Bohemian Autumn design, that your friends will love
- Funny fridge magnets
- A set of kitschy oven mitts
- Fuzzy socks to warm your friend’s feet
- A new yoga matt to encourage a healthy holiday season
- A pack of party poppers
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Vibrant Fall Flowers Arrangement – Pumpkin Spice
You should never arrive at your in-laws’ Thanksgiving dinner empty-handed — whether you’ve known them for ages or will be meeting them for the first time. They’re welcoming you into their home, family, and holiday traditions. Show them your sincere gratitude with a tastefully chosen hostess gift.
- A dazzling floral design with a keepsake vase that they’ll continue to enjoy for years to come
- An expensive bottle of wine with an aerator or a set of wine glass charms
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a nice seasonal scent
- A sampler set of culinary sea salts
- Whiskey Stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- High-quality serving utensils that are always appreciated on Thanksgiving Day
- A stylish cheeseboard with cheese markers and knives
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you have plans to spend Thanksgiving Day with your family, you should still have a hostess gift to show your appreciation. Choose something that your parents or grandparents will love or bring something that the whole family will enjoy on Thanksgiving.
- An activity for the kids, like a holiday craft that won’t get glitter everywhere
- Hydrating hand soap to prevent anyone from getting sick
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has something special to drink at dinner
- A set of decorative kitchen towels
- Cookie cutters and sprinkles in fun holiday shapes
- New toys to occupy the household pets
- A variety of gourmet coffees to brew with dessert or Friday morning
The Best Gifts for Anyone at Thanksgiving
If you still don’t know what to get for your host or hostess, we recommend flowers, a centerpiece, or a potted plant because nature never goes out of style. Plus, these gifts are appropriate for any recipient. If you choose flowers, be sure to purchase an arrangement that’s all ready to go. Otherwise, your host will be stuck trimming stems and looking for vases, when he or she would rather be entertaining guests.
We welcome you to stop by a Stadium Flowers location today for more help choosing a gift for your host or hostess. Our expert florists will help you select a perfect arrangement, centerpiece, or potted plant to show how much you appreciate their hospitality.